I hope you are all well and enjoying your summer sports.
Following many months of work, the committee and I are now able to update you regarding our proposed merger with the Wahroonga Tigers.
In the past week, both Bannockburn Rovers Football Club and Wahroonga Tigers Football Club held their respective Special General Meetings (SGM’s). The SGM’s were a critical part of the merger process, as the meetings gave all members the right to vote yes or no for the merger.
Hot off the press – it’s great to share with you that both clubs voted “yes” to the merger by a large majority………….so the merger will now take place and will be effective for the start of next season (which will be here in a flash).
So now the real work begins:
Fortunately, some key decisions have already been made:
- Club name – Turramurra United Football Club
- Logo – has been decided – to be shared with you soon.
- Uniform supplier – has been decided – Paladin Sports Wear
- Club colours have been decided – blue, yellow, red, white (capturing the colours of both clubs)
Important next steps:
- A new committee must be formed – invites will be sent out shortly
- A new playing uniform must be designed & made.
- Ground allocation for training & game days to be allocated.
- Many more tasks will take place
- Facebook and emails will keep you all informed.
As the new season starts we’ll organise a social function for all members to celebrate the “coming together” of the two great clubs.
President – Bannockburn Rovers