The purpose of the 6-a-side league is to create a less formal league with less emphasis on results and a greater emphasis on participation and ‘having a run’ with some friends.
The key characteristics of this league will be:
- Game duration of no more than one hour
- Smaller fields (approximately 40m x 30m)
- No matches scheduled over school holidays or holiday Mondays
- Matches will be located in one or two centres within the Association, rather than at Club ‘home grounds’ (tentatively these are Carrington and Regimental)
- Minimum squad size of eight players, no maximum squad size
- Multiple teams per Club are permitted
- League tables will be kept, but the NSFA won’t be awarding trophies.
BCRFC would love the opportunity to field a team in this league, so as an incentive the Club is setting the player fees at a very low $210 (or $200 if you take up the early bird discount which expires on the 21 February 2014).
If you are at all interested please register. When it comes to paying choose “Manual Payment”. In this way the club can determine if we have enough numbers and you are not yet committed financially.
Wouldn’t it be great to say you were part of the very first BCRFC Women’s team!
Any enquires please send to the Women’s Coordinator or Secretary on the contacts page.